Companies in this industry manufacture computers, such as mainframes, servers, personal computers (PCs), workstations, and mobile PCs (laptops, netbooks, and tablets), as well as computer peripheral equipment, including storage devices, terminals, and input/output devices such as printers, monitors, and keyboards.
Our Computer Hardware consultants provide assistance in development, usage and integration of IT systems. Atlas helps resolve technical problems and trains users on how to maximize the value of technology in business.
You should be knowledgeable and customer-oriented, possessing strong communication and presentation skills. We also expect you to have superior technical expertise and a problem-solving aptitude.
We have a broad range of offerings:
- Collect and analyze customer requirements and business objectives
- Oversee IT initiatives and collaborate with in-house technical staff
- Help employees and clients with strategic advice on using technology to achieve their goals
- Provide training to users in new and existing IT systems
- Perform planning and design of IT systems and networks ensuring the right architecture and functionality
- Evaluate existing systems and suggest improvements
- Assist in new technology implementation
- Assist employees and clients with technical issues
- Prepare reports and present them to senior management
Demand is tied to consumer and business income. The profitability of individual computer companies depends on purchasing and production efficiencies, and on technological expertise. Large companies have economies of scale in purchasing and production. Small companies can compete successfully by specializing in certain products or by developing superior technology. The US industry is highly concentrated: the top 50 companies generate about 80% of revenue.